Publish Date : May 6, 2023, midnight Publisher: Zhe Wang
We will recruit postdoctoral fellows who are engaged in maize-microbial interactions, maize microbiome, or bioinformatics, and candidates will work on the following topics:
Through the pathogen-maize-microbial interaction system and synthetic microbiota (SynCom), the influence and mechanism of pathogenic bacterial infection on the maize microbiome, and the mechanism of microbiome on maize disease resistance:
- Construction of a stable pathogenesis system of bacteria and fungi of maize (ongoing);
- High-throughput plant phenotypic identification and omics studies including amplicon, metagenomics, metagenomics, metabolome;
- Construction of maize synthetic flora SynCom and whole genome sequencing (ongoing);
- Machine learning
- Tatsuya et al, EMBO reports (2022); https://doi.org/10.15252/embr.202255380
- Hou and Tsuda, Essays Biochem (2022); https://doi.org/10.1042/EBC20210090
- Han and Tsuda, Curr Opin Plant Biol (2022); https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pbi.2022.102209
- Natsuki and Tsuda, MPMI (2022); https://doi.org/10.1094/MPMI-11-21-0281-FI
- Yu et al, Nature Plants (2021); https://doi.org/10.1038/s41477-021-00897-y
- Winkelmüller et al, Plant Cell (2021); https://doi.org/10.1093/plcell/koab073
- Lu and Tsuda, MPMI (2021); https://doi.org/10.1094/MPMI-08-20-0239-IA
- Nobori et al, Nature Plants (2020); https://doi.org/10.1038/s41477-020-0690-7
- Wang et al Nature Commun (2019); https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-019-10793-x
- Nobori and Tsuda, Curr Opin Plant Biol (2019); https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pbi.2019.02.003
- Berens et al, PNAS (2019); https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1817233116
- Wang et al, Plant Cell (2018); https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.18.00547
- Mine et al, Plant Cell (2018); https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.17.00970
- Nobori et al, FEBS Lett (2018); https://doi.org/10.1002/1873-3468.13071
- Nobori et al, PNAS (2018); https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1800529115
- Berens et al, Annu Rev Phytopathol (2017); https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-phyto-080516-035544
- Mine et al, EMBO Rep (2017); https://doi.org/10.15252/embr.201643051
- Mine et al, PNAS (2017); https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1702613114
Huazhong Agricultural University is one of the starting points of higher agricultural education in China with a history of more than 120 years. In 2005, it entered the national "211 Project" construction ranks, and in 2017, it was listed in the national "Double First-Class" construction ranks. The school has excellent scientific research platforms, including the State Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Improvement and the State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology. The disciplines of biology, horticulture and crop science were selected as the national "double first-class" construction disciplines, and the disciplines of botany, zoology and agricultural science were in the top 1‰ of ESI. The campus is located in the main urban area of Wuhan City, with Lion Mountain and surrounded by lakes on three sides. It has a landscape campus of 5 square kilometers, a romantic lake shoreline of 9 kilometers, a “Linzhong Road” of 10 kilometers, and a lake greenway of 6.6 kilometers. The scenery is beautiful and the environment is elegant.
- Abide by laws and regulations, have good ideological and political performance and moral cultivation, be physically and mentally healthy, and have no record of violations of laws and disciplines.
- Under the age of 35 (generally no more than 3 years after obtaining a doctorate), with a doctorate degree in botany, genetics, microbiology, bioinformatics or related majors, and corn-microbial interaction (corn disease resistance), corn microbiome or bioinformatics research experience is preferred.
- Have independent research ability (applicants have published at least 1 paper as the first author), and assist in supervising graduate students.
- Good communication skills, teamwork spirit and Chinese communication skills.
- Full-time postdoctoral research in school.
- The annual salary is not less than 240,000.
- The school provides postdoctoral apartments and housing subsidies for postdoctoral fellows.
- Enjoy the same treatment as on-campus teachers in terms of medical care, childcare, and school admissions. There are affiliated kindergartens and small
The kindergarten is a model kindergarten in Wuhan, the affiliated school ranks first in Wuhan in the middle school entrance examination, and the enrollment rate ranks first in Hongshan District for 6 consecutive years.
- The post-doctoral contract starts for 2 years and can be extended to 6 years according to the needs of the project. Outstanding candidates can be promoted to associate professors/professors in our team.
How to apply
Please combine the following application materials into one pdf file and send it to Kenichi Tsuda (email@example.com):
- An English self-recommended letter (outlining personal qualifications and motivation to engage in research on the above-mentioned topics)
- A Chinese CV with a complete list of published papers
- Names and contact details of 2 recommenders
Evaluation of applicants will begin immediately until all positions are filled. We will notify the application by email
Prof. Dr. Kenichi Tsuda
School of Plant Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University
Website: http://www.plantimmunity.cn/ or https://www.webofscience.com/wos/author/record/A-2453-2009 or https://faculty.hzau.edu.cn/KENICHITSUDA/zh_CN/index/142361/list/index.htm